Friday, January 7, 2011

Fears

Almost everyone who knows me well enough know I have all kinds of fears and phobias. And today, it just so happened that there were four shocks that happened to me in less than three hours. Let's just say I have a weak heart ):

Well it all happened during performance rehearsal for open house tomorrow and on saturday. I was moving the drums up the staircase when I slipped. It all happened very quickly and it was really sheer luck that Smay was in front of me holding the drum that almost fell and Bryden came to get the drum from me. It was really lucky that no one else was in front of me or the drum would have fallen on him on her and I would never ever forgive myself.
Then, it was the rehearsal on the stage, and oh the horrors it was on an elevated stage near the mushroom in TP. What was horrifying was that on my side of the stage, the edge was above a ledge, which, simply put, would mean that if anyone was unlucky to fall off the stage, it would be falling off a height of around two storeys. Given that I was extremely afraid of heights, I started shivering uncontrollably and started crying. Many thanks to everyone who came beside me during my panic attack, but yes I was really afraid to even go near the edge. Trust me, I couldn't utter a proper sentence while on that stage because it was so scary. I literally heaved a sigh of relief when I got down that stage. Truthfully speaking, what was the organising committee thinking, erecting that stage on such a dangerous platform? Couldn't they realise that if someone were to fall off the edge, it would mean serious injury? I don't know, I'm just pretty afraid of being up there for the next two days.

The next two shocks were less bad, one was misunderstanding that a drum was falling off its tiers when it was actually someone carrying it back down to the studio. And the other one was almost falling off the drum while practising the ending pose. 
I'm sorry that I don't have the guts to stand on the drum, and not especially if the drum is going to be on that stage. Cut me some slack please, I'm already trying my best :'( 

Was feeling really upset over the episodes today. Well, as Bryden told me, tomorrow's going to be better. Hopefully. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment